From Work to Play - 8 hours of style
If you're working "from nine to wine" and plan on socializing after hours, it helps to have outfits that can convert from buttoned-up to relaxed or from drab to fancy.
- Headed to a club or bar after work? Wear a pants suite or skirt suit with a slinky blouse underneath. Later, ditch the jacket.
- If you're attending a dress-up event after hours, wear a simple dress by day and accessorize it with earrings, bracelets, and dark lipstick by night.
- Pack your going-out essentials into a small purse or evening bag and put everything else in the briefcase. Leave the briefcase under your desk until the next day.
- Wear a groovy t-shirt under your dress shirt. Remove the shirt and tie before going out and wear just your t-shirt with your suit.
- In cooler weather, pack a sweater in your briefcase and trade your suit jacket for it when headed to a casual joint.
- Leave your briefcase at the office.
- Business suits work fine at semi-formal events. Just remember to wear your best coat, leather gloves, cashmere scarf and other evening-worthy outer-wear.